Tag: Larchmont Bungalow

Bungalow closes after eight years; city enforcement action commenced in 2009

Bungalow closes after eight years; city enforcement action commenced in 2009

| August 31, 2017 | 0 Comments

In 2009, the City of Los Angeles had expected the then-new Larchmont Bungalow to open and operate as an establishment that primarily sells “food to be consumed off-premises” in accordance with its permit. It did not. Now, after years of legal battles, during which the owners sought a liquor license and a delivery service and […]

Continue Reading

Showdown set for Bungalow in criminal court

Showdown set for Bungalow in criminal court

| August 3, 2017 | 0 Comments

The Larchmont Bungalow is scheduled to be back in criminal court Mon., Aug. 7 with a new defendant — Renee Mizrahi, wife of the deceased owner. “That’s the drop-dead date when they’re supposed to be either in compliance by that date or close the restaurant. This has gone on long enough,” said Todd Maland, investigator […]

Continue Reading

Larchmont Bungalow case continues after owner’s death

Larchmont Bungalow case continues after owner’s death

| September 1, 2016 | 0 Comments

Ever since Albert Mizrahi opened the Larchmont Bungalow seven years ago next month, he has been embroiled in administrative and court cases with the city. Mizrahi, 63, died Aug. 12, but the Bungalow criminal case continues with co-defendant, Larchmont Bungalow LLC. “As of now, the case is not affected by the recent passing of Mr. […]

Continue Reading

Larchmont Bungalow pleads ‘no contest’

Larchmont Bungalow pleads ‘no contest’

| March 3, 2016 | 0 Comments

Probation set for illegal take-out After five years of lawsuits, appeals and continuances, the Larchmont Bungalow pleaded “no contest” last month to three criminal counts, including operating without a permit. After all this time and money, Bungalow owner Albert Mizrahi is right back to where he started, said deputy city attorney Serena Christion. He either […]

Continue Reading

Bungalow civil case dismissed; five-year limit had passed

Bungalow civil case dismissed; five-year limit had passed

| July 2, 2015 | 0 Comments

The city won a civil lawsuit brought on by the Larchmont Bungalow when L.A. Superior Court Judge Stephanie Bowick dismissed the case on June 1. It was dismissed “with prejudice,” meaning the case cannot be refiled. The Bungalow failed to bring the matter to trial within five years as required by city code, said Rob […]

Continue Reading

Take outs cited for tables, chairs on Larchmont Blvd.

Take outs cited for tables, chairs on Larchmont Blvd.

| March 9, 2015 | 1 Comment

Several takeouts on Larchmont Blvd. were recently cited for having tables and chairs, a fall-out from the city’s legal dealings with the Larchmont Bungalow, said Tom Kneafsey, owner of the building that is home to Jamba Juice, one of the businesses fined. While coffee shops and other licensed take-outs have had seating for years, their […]

Continue Reading