Larchmont Bungalow case set to start trial August 22

| August 3, 2012 | 0 Comments

By Suzan Filipek

The long-awaited criminal trial for the Larchmont Bungalow is been set to begin Wed., Aug. 22.

The courtroom and which judge will hear the case will probably be decided at a pre-trial to be held Tues., Aug. 14 in L.A. Superior Court in courtroom 40 at 9 a.m.

“The defendant will try to get another continuance,” added deputy city attorney Serena Christion.

The defendant was ordered by a judge to remove tables and chairs at the eatery at 107 N. Larchmont Blvd. prior to the pre-trial.

Almost immediately after it opened in 2009 with a take-out license, the city revoked its certificate of occupancy for

having tables and chairs. Zoning laws limit the number of restaurants on the street.

Bungalow attorney Mitchell Egers said last month he had hoped to find a resolution to the tables and chairs situation.

But he is no longer representing the Bungalow. Criminal attorney Alan Fenster was hired last month.

The defendants have pleaded not guilty to operating without a permit, failing to comply with Dept. of Building and Safety and providing false information.

Civil case

The city won a civil case against the restaurant in December.

“This is a big win for our side,” Kim Westoff, deputy city attorney in the civil case, said after the verdict. The judge signed Westoff’s 12-page statement, which argued the eatery’s owner Albert Mizrahi violated a covenant he signed, promising he would not have dining tables and chairs.


Tags: ,

Category: News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *